Pesto Ravioli with Veggies

Here’s what happens almost every night: I start making dinner. The kids wander in and ask what I’m making. “I’m making __(fill in the blank)___ for dinner. Fill it in with anything. It could be something we have several times a month. It could be a new recipe. It could be the food they declared to be their all time favorite last week. But inevitably the response will be something along the lines of

  “awwwww! Why do you always make that?” 

Or

“Gross, that’s so disgusting.” 

Or my favorite from this week:

“All we ever eat is casserole!” 

Oh, and when prompted, no one could think of a single casserole that had been served in the last month. Because there haven’t been any. Yeah.

So since my tried and true recipes obviously aren't winning any awards from the kids, I'm going to start trying some new ones. The old standards aren't going away.  After all, a mama's gotta have her quick and easy options!  But I'm going to try to spice things up around here too. 

Today I want to share with you a winner from last night.  Well, my husband and I declared it a winner.  And I think normal children would too.  But my kids don't get a vote right now since they are even vetoing chicken nuggets.  (What child DOES that??)

I have to confess, I swiped this from pinterest and made a few modifications.  I'm pretty sure that's my number one site for new recipes.  It's just so easy to find yummy stuff there!

Pesto Ravioli with Veggies



2 - 1lb bags of bell peppers and onion stir fry from the frozen food section (fresh red, yellow, and orange peppers along with an onion could be used but the frozen ones make life easy!)

2 Tablespoons olive oil

Salt and Pepper

1/2 tablespoon minced garlic

1 package Buitoni refrigerated ravioli

1 jar Classico traditional basil pesto

Optional: fresh basil, grated parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Add oil to saute pan. Heat and add peppers and onions, as well as salt and pepper to taste.  Saute until completely cooked. 
2. Add minced garlic and saute for approximately one more minute.
3. At the same time, prepare the ravioli according to the directions on the packaging.  Drain.
4. When the veggies are finished, toss them with the drained ravioli and add about 2/3 cup of basil pesto sauce.  Mix well.
5. Garnish with any additional salt, pepper, fresh basil, or grated parmesan cheese as desired.



Comments

Popular Posts