Gray Hairs

Ok, so it's official.  I found the first gray hairs.  A month or two ago, I thought for sure I spied one, but then couldn't locate it again.  Last night, it was confirmed. Though not a lot, there are more than one of the little guys that have sprouted out of the top of my head.  Now, really, I find it impressive that I survived 8 years of parenting before the first appeared.  I mean, that should totally count for something!  Eight years with a determined, strong-minded  child.  Six years of life with a second one, who needs constant reminders to stay on task. And three more years with a third who just might rival her oldest sister in determination and strong-mindedness.  Life isn't exactly dull.  But it's exactly what I want.  Even on the tough days. Sometimes I just need a little reminder.





Then one night this past week, I heard the oldest demand to know why Mama (me) wasn't being "allowed" to have more babies.  Ha!  Does she think my life is not full enough?  I got a good chuckle out of that one.  Yes, I will always be a baby person who loves babies.  But my babies will always grow up, and three seems quite adequate for us.

How many kiddos do you have and do you feel like it's the right number of kids for you?

Comments

Popular Posts