Don't let me forget....

I feel like I have one of the most challenging jobs around. Not at all a rare one... In fact most people share this job. the job of raising children well. Parenting is not for the faint of heart. It's tough. There are days when I want to throw in the towel. There are days when I can't wait for bedtime.

But there are days when I am amazed. Amazed at how at the park, Honeygirl can help Sweet Pea up onto the swing and push her. Amazed that God has blessed me with the sweet little girl who comes to hug me and tell me she loves me, and will still love me "even when I get died."  Amazed that I get to parent the little one that says "thank you mama," in her sleep as I cover back up in the night. That I get to snuggle my baby as she peacefully falls asleep in my arms.

These are the things I want to remember when the day are long and difficult.  And again when they have grown.  Because as challenging as the days can be, they will be gone before I blink.  I know experienced moms say it all the time, and even though I'm only 5 years in, I know it to be true.  The days are long, but the years are short.  

Comments

Popular Posts