Birthday Wreath

Back in December,  I was asked to speak at the mom's group I attend again.   A year ago at Christmas I spoke on simple, inexpensive Christmas gifts you could make yourself.  Well, the talk was a hit and they wanted me to give it again, but come up with new ideas.  So I did.  And a lot of my notes can be found HERE.  But several people have asked about my lovely Birthday Wreath.  I got the idea from pinterest and ran with it.

Here's what I did:

I got a straw wreath like this one and left it in the wrapping.



Next I bought a ton of little water balloons and straight pins.  Then I pinned those balloons on like crazy.



I pinned and I pinned.  And I bought some more balloons and pinned some more.  I filled it in until I liked the look of it.



And to be honest, I didn't fill in the sides.  So if my wreath is hanging by the front door for someone's birthday and you aren't looking at it straight on, you will see part of the wreath underneath.



But I'm okay with that.  For a finishing touch, I added a fun "happy birthday" flair that I'm pretty sure I got by the gift bags at Winco.


And that is our birthday wreath!

Comments

Popular Posts