38 weeks

BIG news!  I'm now 38 weeks pregnant.  That is significant because that means I get to have the waterbirth I want (as long as little kiddo behaves).  So far everything still looks great.  We both appear healthy, and I'm thinking there's a chance she's not quite as big as I previously thought.  Although we won't really know until she's here and on the scale, right? :)  I've been thinking for quite awhile that if we make it to the due date, she would be a solid 9 pounder.  Now I'm thinking more in the 8 pound range.  We'll see.

This photo was just before 37 weeks. 

This photo was taken at about 37.5 weeks. I definitely think she has dropped down!

I'm definitely in nesting mode, getting ready for this kiddo.  Last night I whipped up 10 freezer meals and was reminded that although it's extra work, I'm always happy to have food in the freezer whether I'm expecting a baby or not!  We had spaghetti for dinner, so I made 4 batches of sauce instead of just one.  And David was gracious enough to help me make homemade meatballs.  I think this is the 3rd or 4th time we've made these and the whole family loves them!  It took about 3 hours, but we finished 7 meals worth!  Now when I need a meal, I'll just have to throw a bag of these in the oven for 30 minutes and make up some rice.  Pretty good deal!

The carseat is now in the car, and my bag is (mostly) packed.  We have a plan in place for what to do with the girlies, and I even finished the name sign we plan to hang above the crib.  I'm happy with where things stand!



Now we can just hurry up and wait for this little girl to decide to make her appearance. :)




Comments

Popular Posts