It's a...

Seems like gender reveal parties have become rather popular in the last few years.  I don't remember even hearing of them the last time I was pregnant.  But now I hear about them on a regular basis.  With this being my last pregnancy (as long as we stick to the plan), I wanted to do something special to tell our families the gender of this baby.  If we hadn't had complications, I would have had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday.  However, when I bled at 16 weeks, we ended up finding out the gender while the ultrasound tech was checking everything else.

The ultrasound was on Monday, but we invited our families over for dinner on Sunday night several weeks ago.  For those who weren't able to be here, we called them earlier in the afternoon to find out what their guesses were on gender, and to tell them whether they were right or not. :)  Here is how we documented everyone's guess:


Since my husband and I already knew the gender, we put down what our guesses were prior to finding out.  As you can see, Aunt Jenny was the only one who thought it was going to be a girl.

And here was our decor:



Not much, but I wanted something special up!  We had a nice dinner, then passed out cupcakes that I had made earlier that afternoon.  One bite in and everyone knew that it's a...



GIRL!  We had everyone fooled.  They all seemed to think that if we were throwing a party, it was because there was something new and exciting to announce.  But I believe this little girl is just as special as our other two.  And the other 9 great-granddaughters on my husband's side of the family. Someday there will be a boy, but it's apparently not gonna be in our family! Yay for girls!

Comments

Popular Posts