Baked Oatmeal Muffins

Oh my goodness.  I made the most yummy new recipe this week!  Pinterest inspiration of course.  But I made a few small changes to make it my own! I thought I'd share it because not only was it a hit at home, but when I pulled one out of my lunch bag at work, everyone there asked for the recipe too!



Baked Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 t vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetened applesause (I used homemade)
1 mashed banana
1/2 cups agave nectar
5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 T ground cinnamon
3 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 3/4 cups milk (I used 1%)
Optional toppings:  walnuts, raisins, fresh/ frozen fruit, chocolate chips, etc.

Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana, agave nectar, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together.
Add milk and oats and mix well.
Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and grease the muffin cupcake liners (strange, I know, but the muffins don't stick to the liners when you do this step!)
Pour batter into cupcake liners evenly.  If adding fresh/frozen fruit, fill the liner half-way, add the fruit, then add more batter on top.  (I did this with frozen blueberries)
If adding toppings, remember to leave room in the liners for them on top.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
Cool and enjoy!

These muffins can be eaten warm and fresh, or frozen for later.  If you freeze them for later, take them out the night before you need them to let them thaw in the fridge.

I LOVE that you can individualize them by using different toppings to cater to each person's tastes.  And I LOVE that they are individual in serving sizes!  None of this 3/4 of my my 9x13 pan left to sit in the fridge for days....

Of course, the favorite baked oatmeal muffins in our house were the ones topped with chocolate chips.  I hope your family loves them as much as we do!

Comments

Popular Posts