September already

It's hard to believe it's September already. School buses are back on the road and the nights are getting cooler again. Sad. This summer felt extremely short to me, based solely on the weather we've had. It literally feels like we've only had about 2 1/2 weeks of "summer" weather. Sigh.

In other news, the fact that September has begun means that my baby is already 11 months old! Where has the time gone?? She can climb the stairs entirely on her own. She stands for several seconds at a time. Her first two teeth popped through about a week ago. And she still likes to party once in the middle of each night. She loves sticks of cheese, Ritz crackers, cheerios, and watermelon. Earth's Best jarred baby food is still a staple in her diet. And the mere mention of "milk" brings a huge smile as she clamors up onto my lap for our "milky snuggles." The birthday invites for her party are sitting on the floor next to me, ready to go out to the family.

Honeygirl is as busy as ever. I am sad to report that although I know she is fully capable, potty training is still in process. She is one stubborn, defiant girl! If she deems the prize good enough, she has no problem staying dry all day. But if she doesn't feel like it, watch out. Grrr. She loves to color, play with her sister and watch me cook. She says things like, "Well, I was thinking we should..." "Oh! what a deal!" and "super-cala-fraga-listic-expi-ali-docious!" She eats like she has a bottomless pit for a stomach, and she gives the best hugs. She will occasionally rub my back and say "I love you, Mom."

Life is busy. Life is crazy. Life is frustrating at times. But life is also very good.

Comments

Popular Posts