Created to be his Help Meet

For the first time in my life, I'm in a book club. We're reading "Created to be His Help Meet." Very interesting book. The basic gist is that as women we were created to be a helper to our husbands. Not that we have to wait on them hand and foot or be a doormat, but if we can do something to make their lives easier, we should. So in an attempt to improve our marriage and make him feel cared for, one of our assignments was to start a new habit that would please him in some way. I decided to start small and just do my best to smile first thing in the morning, and when he gets home from work in the evening. Being that I'm not a morning person and I'm generally tired from working all day by the time he walks in the door, this simple new habit is a challenge for me. But I've been doing my best. And the best part is that he noticed! He stopped me the other night to tell me he's noticed I've been happier lately. And that he feels like life is easier....as if I'm taking the pressure off by helping him with little things. (Yay! It's working!). He still hasn't connected it to the book club, but my efforts are working. Hurray!

Comments

Popular Posts