Paradise

Who would have thought I'd be living here? Growing up, I thought I'd live in California forever. I guess I just never thought about living anywhere else. And I never banked on falling in love in Canada. It was supposed to just be a temporary move to the land of rain. But here I am, six years later, still living in the rain. The strange thing is, on occasion, I actually kinda like it. Yeah, a lot of the year is cold according to my personal thermostat. And the rain continues for something like 9 months of the year. But on a day like today, it's nice to throw on a sweatshirt, have a fire in the fireplace, and stay cozy inside while the drizzle continues beyond the windows. Besides, who can beat falling asleep to the sound of the rain dancing softly on the skylight night after night? It may not be my childhood dream, but it's home with my husband. And I guess that makes it paradise.

Comments

Popular Posts